Monday, April 23, 2007

A is for:

A is for Ann. That's my middle name. At first my parents were gonna call me 'JudyAnn'. A lot of kids during the 50s had double names like Mary Ann, Betty Lou, Jim Bob, Jerry Lee. But it was decided to call me just Judy. Oh, and it is just plain ANN, no 'e' at the end, as Roman Catholics are wont to do. The only times I recall being called 'Judy Ann' is when I was upstairs in my room listening to music, or more likely had my nose buried in some book I was reading, and didn't respond to the first 2-3 times my name was called. Then it was usually bellowed loudly by my Mom!

Lesson/reflection: I'm glad it is just Judy--even if alot of people parrot Cary Grant and go "Judy, Judy, Judy" when I'm introduced. And I know it could have been Judith. But I am Judy.

No comments: