Thursday, April 26, 2007

B is for:

BVHE (the distribution arm of Disney Studios). I am working part-time foe Mosaic Sales Solutions, they are a marketing firm. One of their major contracts is BVHE, and that is the division I work for. I have four 'big box' stores locally that I maintain/display/reorder BVHE DVD movies for. BVHE also includes: Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone, Miramax and now Pixar. It is part time. I work most Tuesdays when one of the above studios is releasing a new movie in DVD. Those days I may have to visit all 4 stores on 'Blitz'--to make sure the new title and all the promotional material is displayed properly. Other then these Tuesdays, I will usually be scheduled to visit each store several times a month to check proper placement of BVHE titles on the planogramed (POG) movie shelves, and re-order low and out of stock titles. These merchandising visits can usually be done any time during the week, just as long as they are transmitted before Friday evening. I enjoy my work, and the people I work with.
The only problem I have with this position is it can be sort of 'feast or famine' with hours at various times of the year; although there has been opportunity for extra hours working with the Movie Crews at Best Buy, and other short-term assignments.
I don't consider this to be my primary source of income. I am on SSDI--for a mental health diagnosis-- I have Major (aka Clinical) Depression. The government wants me to work! They allow me to make up to like, $650/month with out it affecting my benefits. They have a lot of support programs to help people get back to work. I have been able to take care of a lot of debt I have had for several years... I looked for work for almost a year before deciding, with a job coach's encouragement, to apply for SSDI. I have always intended to work at least part time. SSDI is my primary income. If by some miracle I find a position to work full-time in, SSDI will (I hope) still be there for me to fall back on--if something should happen (condition tends to re-occur do to stress). I will not have to go through and reapply, or have a waiting period.

No comments: