Tuesday, October 04, 2005

the Corpse bride: review

Yesterday I went to see the Corpse Bride at the HarMar theatres. I went to a matinee, there weren't many people...maybe a a dozen at the most to watch it at that time. I thought the movie was lame. The clever play on words jokes weren't very clever. While the story line was sort of interesting, it was really hard to follow. The volume of sound was deafening... to the point of making it hard to understand what some of the dialog was. I did go out at one point (during one of the musical scenes) and ask the volume be turned down a notch, but I noticed no difference. I think if the volume had been lower, I may have enjoyed it more. I will probably rent it when it comes out on DVD, see if I feel differently then. Right now the only redeeming quality I feel is the musical content...piano pieces in a couple scenes, pop songs with different words/cants to them. It might be worth buying a sound track from the movie

No comments: